Thursday, November 22, 2012

My Thankful List

Today is Thanksgiving, so I want to focus on those things that I am grateful and thankful for. Here are my top ten:

1. I am very thankful for having a supportive husband. Since my diagnosis of fibro, and other chronic illnesses, he has been 100% supportive and caring to me.

2. I am very thankful for the love from my family. I know many people who have fibro, or a chronic illness, receive negativity from their family. I am very grateful I have not experienced that.

3. I am very thankful for the love of my three furbabies. I don't have human children, but my cats melt my heart. I am very grateful to have them in my life.

4. I am very thankful for having wonderful and supportive doctors. Everyone, regardless of a health issue, should have compassionate doctors.

5. I am very thankful for my online support community, specifically on twitter. Since I no longer work, it's become a savior for social outreach.



6. I am very thankful for having a nice apartment with some great amenities. Even before I stopped working, I was a homebody. I much prefer to stay at home and watch a movie or TV shows, than to go to a bar.

7. I am very thankful for living in a city where there are lots of food options, specifically because being a vegan can be challenging. I live within minutes of grocery stores, including Whole Foods.

8. I am very thankful for my hobbies that keep my mind active, including cooking, being the "tv lady", and reading, to name a few.

9. I am very thankful to God for giving me love and strength. God keeps me positive and the closer I am to God, the better I feel about life.

10. I am very thankful for the health that I do have. I tend to not focus on the negative and what's wrong with me. Of course, I have bad days, lots of them, but I could be so much worse. I am very grateful that my illnesses will not kill me, I have much to look forward to in life.

I think we all need to focus on what we are grateful and thankful for every day of the year, not just Thanksgiving. But, it's a great day to focus on that which makes us happy.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

No comments:

Post a Comment