Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hooked on Smoothies



Recently, my mom returned a blender that I had given to her several years ago. In fact, it was a wedding gift, so it's over 11 years old! But hey, it works. I like that it's a glass blender and since she rarely used it, it's practically new. I actually never used it prior to giving it to her, but I started thinking how cool it would be to make smoothies, so she brought it back to me. I am definitely not a juicer kind of girl. I don't find them appealing, granted, I've never tasted one, but I'm just not a fan of drinking green stuff. Now I love my veggies and will eat them raw or cooked, however they're made, I just don't want to drink them.
My husband is also a fan of the smoothies I've been making. Who can't love them, I mix strawberries, bananas, soy creamer, soy milk and chocolate sauce. It's a hit! They are so refreshing and tasty, it tastes more like a dessert than anything. I'd like to think it's healthy, minus the chocolate sauce, but I'm sure it would taste just as great without the chocolate, maybe I'll try it sans the chocolate, some day.




No comments:

Post a Comment